Friday, March 25, 2011

Wow...

....I am a horrible blogger! So, still not prego. I am starting to be ok again with that. I started doing an hour of school a day with my three year old, and I don't know that I could commit the time to preparing and following through with that if I was expecting or had an infant. We plan to put him in preschool next fall and I wanted him to have some idea of what to expect. He does much better in life when I prepare him for things. He's super smart (I'm not biased) and actually loves "school" with mommy. We just started this week and this morning first thing he saw our school box and wanted to do school. No cartoons, no breakfast, just school. I'm sure that won't last, but who knows, I actually enjoyed school so maybe he will too. It doesn't hurt that I let him practice writing his letters in sugar and then he gets to lick his fingers!
I went to a baby shower last night. Here where I live there are always pregnant women. At the shower I ran into an acquaintance who is pregnant and due in August. She has a three year old child who they adopted as an infant and was told never to plan on being pregnant seven years ago. I am so excited for her. She seems nervous and still a little incredulous that it's actually true. She was telling me about it, and paused and said, "I can imagine you understand that feeling completely." Yep, funny cause it was seven years for us too. I just hope she can relax and enjoy her pregnancy. I know that after I got through that first trimester I was so happy. I seriously have never been that happy with my normal hormonal mood fluctuations. You can ask my hubby, he will wholeheartedly agree!  Baby showers are fun, but hard. Since my boy is three now people are starting to ask about another baby soon. I am able to deflect with humor, saying one rambunctious boy is plenty; but the laughter is only on the outside.  But, I do love oogling the cute tiny baby clothes and shoes. The upside to living in prego-ville is that there is always a baby to cuddle! And I don't have to change the diapers or get up in the middle of the night for feedings!
Still doing my fertility monitor. I'm not sure why, but it makes me feel like I'm doing something. Every month I try to find something new to blame my non-pregnancy on. I'm exercising too much, I'm not eating the right foods, my hubby gets too hot when he works out (Zumba, he loves it!), my neighbor who is in peri-menopause is throwing off my cycle......blah, blah, blah.  I have a friend who isn't ovulating right now and her doctor wants her to go on Clomid, but she's nervous. She needs to do what she's comfortable with, but I thought to myself, "Oh, I wish I actually knew some reason I don't get pregnant so I knew what to do about it!" But, it doesn't really matter because we are all in this difficult journey together and whether our circumstances are the same or different we all understand the struggle month after month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment